Research & Development Profile
- Dr. Sharifah Zainon is a highly accomplished Audiologist currently serving as pediatric audiologist at Hospital Wanita dan Kanak-Kanak Kuala Lumpur. She has strong academic background with audiology bachelor from University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), master of audiology science from University of Manchester and a PhD in Hearing and Speech Sciences UKM, she brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to her role.
- Dr. Sharifah is dedicated to provide the highest level of care and support to her patients. With her deep understanding of hearing and speech sciences, she conducts comprehensive assessments, diagnoses hearing conditions, and develops personalized treatment plans. Her commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in audiology ensures that she delivers the best possible care to her patients.
- Throughout her career, Dr. Sharifah has made significant contributions to the field of audiology. Her research in hearing and speech sciences has contributed to the development of innovative approaches and techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders.
- Research and Development Portfolio Exco of MANSA
Role of Portfolios
- Promote and disseminate research findings to enhance clinical effectiveness and encourage evidence-based practices within the audiology profession.
- Foster a culture of research and innovation among members by raising awareness of the importance and benefits of research in audiology and providing support for research initiatives.
- Offer guidance and assistance to members seeking research funding, including identifying potential funding opportunities, coordinating with funders, and providing advice on grant applications.
- To continue with the publication of MANSA e-Bulletin and also to establish Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
Standpoint and Focus in Audiology
- Persistent to make a positive impact in the field of audiology.
- She is immersed in community outreach programs to raise awareness about hearing health.